Thursday, April 16, 2009

Self Defense: A Practical Approach


TUPELO BRAZILIAN JUI JITSU.COM (click here)
As you may know, a lot of blogs consist passionate posts. A person finds an issue that gets them revved up or frustrated or excited and they run back to their computer and blog about it. Well, this is one of the few times I will do that; however, I feel compelled to share with you something that I just saw.

Jeff Chambers, our Company President, is involved with MMA (Mixed Martial Arts). Now I will be the first to say that I was skeptical. How in the world can a 40 year old man get into something so dangerous and put his own health at risk? Today, I got an answer.

Alliance sponsors and teaches a lot of seminars and today Jeff and Chris Gates, of Tupelo Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, were doing a simple self-defense class for one of our clients free of charge. I watched.

I was blown away and very impressed. The class was well taught and kept very simple so the thought of getting into something complicated that I had, simply evaporated. This is a very disciplined art but seems very practical. The fundamentals can be used in everyday life and builds character, provides a more relaxed attitude, and allows one's confidence in themselves to grow in a truly healthy way.

If you have the opportunity, I suggest that you visit a local MMA class. Tupelo Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is located just off of Coley Road in Tupelo. Click on the name above to go to their website. It might come in handy some day and who knows, you might be able to shed a couple of pounds if you want to do so!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ken, Chris's last name is Gates & he is the head instructor of Tupelo Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. They are located off Coley road and their phone number is 662-488-5234.

    ReplyDelete